Do you want to know about an interview? Today I will discuss everything about interview and interview tips and tricks for girls. If you want to know all about these then you are on the right place.
Thanks for clicking in. You are most welcome to our website. I hope this post will help you to know about the job interview and tips and tricks for the job interviews. You will get a complete answer of your question. Firstly we’’ ll discuss the meaning of the interview?
What is interview?
An interview is the combination of two words ‘inter’ and ‘view’. Its roughly translates to ‘between view’ or seeing each other.
It is the formal meetings between the interviewer and the interviewee where questions are asked by the interviewer to obtain all information of the interviewee. Interview is best for all candidates as well as organization, that helps them to grow.
An interview means a private meeting between peoples where the question is asked and answered is given. Interview includes the interviewer and the interviewee.
The person who asked the question in an interview is called an interviewer and the person who answers the question of an interview is called an interviewee.
Definition of interview
Interview can be defined as an attempt to take the maximum amount of information from the candidates to concern his/her suitability for the job.
Interview Definition According to Scott and others:- “An interview is a purposeful exchange of ideas, the answering of questions and communication between two or more persons”. Bingham and others define an interview as a ‘conversation with a purpose”.
Types Of Interview
There are many types of interview that is organized by the organization according to their objective. Some types of interview are given below.
1. Structured Interview – Structured interview is the interview in which formal procedure is followed. All predetermined question is asked by the interviewer.
2. Unstructured Interview – In this interview, formal procedure and rules are not followed. When the interviewer does not follow specific rules and procedure that is called unstructured interview.
The discussion will be free-flowing and may shift rapidly to another question according to the interest of the interviewer and interviewee.
3. Personal Interview – In this interview face to face contact is established between the interviewer and interviewee.
4. Group Interview – It means where one or more interviewer takes interviews of multiple candidates at the same time for a single post.
5. Panel Interview – Panel interview means where multiple interviewers take interviews of one candidate at the same time.
6. Stress Interview – Stress interview is designed in the stress situation in order to observe the interviewee’s reactions.
7. Evaluation Interview – The interview which is organized annually to review the progress of the interviewee is called an evaluation interview.
8. Disciplinary interview – This interview is held when an employee has been accused of breaching the rules and regulations of the organization.
9. Public Interview – In this interview political parties and radio, television and newspaper are included.
10. Standardized and open-ended questions – Some open-ended questions are asked to all candidates that help to facilitate faster interviews that can be analyzed more easily.
11. Closed Interview – In this interview, the same question is asked from all the candidates and asked to choose an answer from the some same set of alternatives.
Tips and Tricks for interview –
There are various tips for interview that will help you in all interview. Interview tips are divided in three cases.
- How To Prepare For Interview
- How to Attend Interview
- How to end an interview
(i) How To prepare For Interview
1. Outfit – If you are going to an interview, you always think about what should I wear? What type of dress will be the best for the interview? For solving your problem, I provided some tips.
• Dress – Choose a shirt and paint or top and skirt for an interview. Only a jeans and t-shirt can’t impress an interviewer. A nice collared shirt or top and skirt are always a good choice. Try to wear a casual outfit but not too casual.
• Interview Makeup – You should always wear some light make-up. Avoid bright shades of lipstick and use only light shade lipstick and eyeliner that match your own skin tone. You also should make an eyebrow.
• Footwears – It also plays an important role to increase your personality. You should choose footwear according to your dress.
• Jewelry – Don’t wear jewelry only a watch is enough for you if you are going for a job interview.
• Hair Style – Keep your hair neat and clean and make a good style that suits on you. You should give a cut and shape to your hair.
• Perfume – If you are going for a job interview avoid to use excessive perfume just a little touch of perfume is sufficient.
2. Research about the company before going for an interview – Before going into an interview you should take knowledge of the company in which you are going for a job interview. Collect the information about the company and make familiarizing yourself.
Most of the businessman hires only that person who has an interest in their company and if they have a new idea to grow the company.
If you will collect the information about the company you will find strength and the weakness of that company. At the time of the interview, you can suggest how you can help them to grow the company.
3. Practice some interview questions and answer – Prepare themselves for interview questions. Some teenage job interview questions like
• Tell me about yourself? – This is the basic question that is asked in all interviews because all want to know about you and what your plan is for the present and the future. Always give relevant answers don’t start talking about your childhood and the music you like. Only talk about your experience, your name, qualification, how many siblings.
• Why do you want to work for us? – Never say “because of the pay” even the job is not your dream job.
• Why should I hire you? – Let the interviewer know why only you are the best for the job. This is the best chance for you to say good about yourself how you are different from other candidates. Say something like, ” I have a strong work ethic and a desire to learn something new and grow through my work experience.”
(ii) How to attend interview
1. Don’t be late for the interview – Punctuality is very important for all work. It is the first impression the employer gets. If you are only five minutes late for a job interview you can lose your job. Arrived 10 – 15 minutes early, and give you time to prepare.
If you have no idea of your interview location then go one day before to know how to get there.
2. Fill correctly all the details in the application form – At many job interviews, an application form is given to fill out. Make sure you look all the question closely and fill correct detail in the form.
If accidentally you forgot to fill any section of the form it put a wrong impression when the boss reviews the application form to make a final decision.
3. Ask before enter into the interviewer room – You should take permission from all the interviewers before entering into the room. You should ask May I Come Sir/ Madam?
- When you enter the interviewer room, keep your gaint steady and your back straight. Do handshake with the interviewer with a cute smile and maintain eye contact.
- When the interviewer offers a site to you only then you should sit and after having a sit you should say thank you to the interviewer. At the time of taking site you should slowly forward the chair without any noise, then sit down.
4. Body Language – Body language is the best way to show your confidence.
• At the job interview sit up straight, give your best to keep still and look in the eyes of the interviewer. Try to hide your nervousness in front of the interviewer. If you are feeling so nervous then take a deep breath.
5. Hold all documents – If you are going for a job interview then you should have all documents and the resume.
These help to show your document as a proof. Showing up with a resume will impress an employer. All the experience show in which you are capable and responsible, even they are not responsible related to the position as you would like.
6. Ask Question at the end – At the end of the interview, all interviewer asked from the interviewee you have any question. Then ask always a couple of questions.
At that time you should not ask about the pay and the other always ask good questions about the company atmosphere something like “What do you like about working here?” and describe your company culture.
7. Remind them for your key skills – Throughout the closer section of the interview, you should take benefit all the opportunity you can and remind your interviewer about your key skills, what you have to offer .
(iii) How to exit after the interview
1. Maintain confidence – After the interview when you are going to exit then make sure to maintain confidence. Confidence plays a major role in the job interview. If you didn’t give the right answer of the interviewer question but you had confidence. Then there can be the possibility to select because of your confidence.
2. Say thank you and goodbye – Always say goodbye and thank you to the interviewer and offer a handshake at the end and maintain eye contact with a cheerful smile. It puts a good impression on the interviewer.
3. Stand up straight – When you are going to exit then stand up straight and walk in a steady, confident gait. Remember the things interviewer is observing you from the moment you enter the room up until the moment you leave. You will be selected for a job interview after observing all the things about you.
4. Send a thankyou note – Send a thankyou email or letter to the interviewer for their time. You can write a few sentences in the letter or email. It is the best tips for interview to impress an interviewer.
5. Follow up – If you haven’t received any email or call from the person who interviewed you then follow up about a position and let them know you’re still interested in the position.
All this information about tips for interview will help you to know all about the interview and how to face an interview. You can follow these all tips in your life that are provided by me to build your confidence. These all are the best interview tips and tricks that will help you to crack any interview.
I hope you will like all the information that is provided by me in this post “Tips For Interview”.
Let me know what you think about this article and do you like the information shared by me by commenting down. If there is any mistake or feedback related to this article then comment below.
Share the article with your friends and relatives if you think this article can be beneficial for your friends and family.